Feeling the bear market blues? If so, you're not alone. One of the hardest parts of sound investing is staying mentally poised when the pressure is on. So if you are feeling down, you might want to read an article in today's Monterey Herald. Writing for McClatchy Newpapers, Karen Shideler shows us how to find something to smile about. I figure if someone working for a newspaper can find something to smile about right now, her ideas might work for the rest of us, too.
Here is Karen's Top 10 List for Happiness
10. Put a rubber band around your wrist and snap it when you catch yourself in negative self-talk.
9. Write about traumatic events. It can help you feel healthier and happier.
8. Come up with a way to use your special talents.
7. Write about your life goals.
6. Count your blessings. At the end of the day, write down three things that went well and make note of why they happened.
5. Express gratitude. Write a card or letter to someone who's done something nice.
4. Do random acts of kindness. People who perform good deeds or are around others who do tend to feel happier.
3. Phone a friend who provides good social support.
2. Go to a funny movie.
1. Exercise. It's a great way to reduce the stress, and aerobic exercise increases the release of endorphins.