Dad is age 90, mom is age 86. Due to some "close calls" the kids would like them to move into an assisted living facility. Key issues:
- They've lived in their home for decades and mom doesn't want to leave - what do we do?
- Should we sell the house or rent it out?
- How long will their savings last if properly invested?
- Is dad willing to give up his drivers license?
- Does dad qualify for VA Aid & Attendance?
I was able to help them work through the financial issues surrounding these questions and give the parents and children confidence to move into the assisted living facility.